Monday, July 23, 2012

I'm Back!

I haven't blogged since May but not for any particular reasons other than being busy.

Ok so what have I done since then. I have had all the Expansions that I am going to have, so I'm done with those. The expanding procedure itself wasn't painful since I have no feeling near the port site under the skin on either side. Now the last 2 expansions were VERY uncomfortable due to them being quite larger than being flat chested obviously I am uncomfortable when I sleep but I am able to sleep on my sides. I toss and turn most nights but I am able to be on my sides. Through my clothes I look relatively normal but out of them, just ridiculous! They look so fake and completely unnatural. My plastic surgeon said they would AND they do.

We went to the beach in June and it was great! I wore a 2 piece and I will say, weird fake boobs and all, it was pretty cool having a bikini top that didn't look like saggy sacks ;). I am still just wearing shelf tanks/camis under my tops or AS my tops. Again, can't complain about that.

I'm still working and while I did have some limitations ie..work speed, fatigue, spasms..it's all kind of worked itself out. As with anything, it just took time. I'm so impatient and VERY hard on myself, this has been one of the most difficult things for me.

I was cold all time in the beginning and that has worked itself out too. If you remember, I had an Areola Sparing procedure with my double. My incision is vertical from the areola down and under the Foob horizontally. In doing this he also lifted everything (thank you Dr Meade!!). My right areola just healed like last week. While the areolas were trying to heal, Dr M would have me put iodine on them every night to dry up the scabs (sorry if too tmi). My right side just completely closed so that I don't have to use iodine woohoo!!

My next surgery is Aug 31st. It's the Exchange surgery. We will take out these effing Expanders, cut out scar tissue (rt side is pretty bad), fat graft (oh yeah...lipo!) and put in the permanent Implants! Wheww!

I have a few more blog entries but I want to break them up so be on the look out for:
-My appt with the Gynecological Oncologist aka. GynOc.
-My Surgery stuff leading up to and after

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment